Thursday, January 5, 2012

P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

23 Weeks

Our Little Lady Lorelei is doing wonderfully. We had our check-up today and her heartbeat was perfect. They measured my tummy today and said I was right on track! So, even though I may look small for how far along I am, everything is measuring at the right pace. Paedn and I gave talks at church on Sunday and I tied in announcing to everyone who was there that I am expecting and due in May. I had so many people come up to me afterwards and congratulating me asking how far along I was. When I told them how far along I was they were just shocked! It made me laugh. When people see me and they do not know I am pregnant, I get either one of two reactions. One, they still have no clue. Two, they ask me what I am hiding under my shirt. So, apparently I am starting to look pregnant to some people. That makes me feel great. 

I am starting to feel Lorelei move around more and more. The other day she was kicking my side extremely hard. I asked Paedn if he wanted to try and feel. Now, every time I do this she either stops or Paedn cannot feel her. He hasn't able to feel her since about 18 weeks. He hasn't been able to feel her since we have know it was a she! Kind of strange to think about it like that. Anyway. when I placed Paedn's hand on my stomach we sat there anxiously waiting for a kick. The BAM! She gave a good strong kick. I looked at Paedn and he was smiling. "Did you feel that?" I asked. He responded with the biggest grin, "Yes!" Then I asked him if he wanted to try and see my tummy move when she moved. We had never tried this before, we did not know what to expect. So, we sat there for a few more moments and then we saw her kick! We actually saw a little bulge pop out on the side of my tummy. It was so crazy! I looked at Paedn and we just started laughing. At first he said, "I never want to see that again." He was completely freaked out. I agree with him, it was so strange! We just kept laughing. Paedn got over being freaked out and loves to place his hands on my tummy to try and feel her roll about. I am now noticing my tummy move more often when Lorelei just rolls. I am excited to see and feel more of her activity. It makes it seem more real...but it also makes me feel more like there is an alien inside of me. haha! My little brother and mom have also had the opportunity to feel Lorelei kick. Ben felt her three times in a row! It was so neat. Then we sat and watched my belly move. Every time Ben would start giggling after and poke my stomach. It was so funny.

Paedn and I daydream all the time about our sweet little lady. We try to picture what she's going to look like and base her personality off of what we already know about her. I hope Lorelei will have Paedn's eye color, a very pretty, light blue. His eyes are just captivating! I think she will have Paedn's nose. We are thinking she will have light blonde, very curly hair. But, I am hoping for a redhead some where in the line! We think she is going to be a little stubborn but a fireball and loving. We are so excited to see her personality grow these next few months and maybe make and change our predictions.  Can you believe I am already 5 months?! The next four months seems so far away, but I know they will go fast.

Front-flowers / Back-stripes
We are moving in about a month and a half, possibly sooner. We are starting to pack some things here and there and planning this new home out better. As of right now, we found a little 2 bedroom "apartment" we are going to rent. It is small, but we are excited to turn it into our own home. We are very excited to paint the walls! This may not seem like a big deal but we are so tired of white walls, it will be nice for the change! Lorelei's room will double as her room and a little office, and since most of the things I am planning to hang on her walls are pink, we found a nice yellow to paint the room. I like the idea of something bright in the room. I have a quilt that my grandma made me several years ago that I am going to use for the room. It has so many colors that it will be easy to coordinate her room. 

 At the beginning of my pregnancy, I thought I was going to take measurements every week. But, I did not because I wasn't really growing. But I did have a couple measurements to compare!

Pre-pregnancy: Waist- 25inches  Tummy- 26inches
11 1/2 weeks: Waist- 28 1/2inches  Tummy- 36inches
23 weeks: Waist- 29inches  Tummy- 39inches

I guess it does look like a Baby Bump!
I have gained 5lbs this past month. Usually, a lady of average weight should gain 25-35lbs in a pregnancy. I have gained about 8-ish pounds thus far. I am still 
nervous about gaining weight nonetheless. Luckily, I still coach volleyball so hitting at the girls will keep my arms in shape and is actually a good full body exercise. I also do wall sits and calf raises at night. I also do little things here and there I am hoping will help!
On a side note, I am liking my prenatal medicine! My hair seems to be growing faster and actually feels a bit thicker. Hooray!
I am excited for week 23! With her sense of movement well developed, Lorelei can feel me dance! She can also hear outside noise better. So, she can hear us read to her and the music playing! I played Michael Jackson yesterday at was dancing around. I am starting her young! 

 She is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound! So she's about the length of a spaghetti squash and weighs about the same as a large mango! 
 
 


 


2 comments:

  1. You look great! It's no mystery when I'm prego but I didn't start out at the most ideal weight and I gain lots of weight. Here's my 22 week post - http://cstoone.blogspot.com/2010/11/22-weeks.html It is such a fun experience to think about your new arrival. The daydreaming doesn't end, it just flourishes as you see what the are like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a great job with your life telling. (I wanted to say story telling but it isn't a story!) Keep it up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete