Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Emotional Roller Coaster

24 WEEKS
According to some baby websites I am now 6 MONTHS PREGNANT! (wow!) According to others, I will not be 6 months until I hit my 26th week. Either way, whoa! There is only 16 more weeks to go!

 
LORELEI
At 24 weeks our Lady is the length of a half-gallon of milk or an ear of corn! I already cannot fathom how she fits. She gave me quite a big scare this week. Usually, she is very active. I always notice her routine during the day and it gave me comfort. Last Wednesday, I felt like I was a human bounce house. She was everywhere. It was so entertaining. I would be at work and just sit there laughing at my belly. I loved it! Well, Thursday she decided to stop. I would think I would feel her move, but I wasn't quite sure. This happened until Monday. Saturday early morning, I woke up and I had the worst nightmare. I sat there in bed crying and all these negative thoughts were going through my mind. I said a prayer and was finally able to fall asleep an hour and a half later. Then, the same thing happened Monday morning, but this time I was hysterical. I really thought something was wrong with Lorelei. I had not felt a constant, strong movement for 4 days and it was really getting to me. I sat up in bed and was just balling. Paedn woke up and was sincerely concerned. We both said a prayer and then I asked him for a blessing. (A blessing is like a special prayer that we ask for in times of need. Whether it be for comfort, because you are sick, when you need help making a big decision, ect. It is another way to ask for the Lord's help.) So, I asked for a blessing because I felt like I couldn't do this on my own. I was not receiving the comfort that I thought I so desperately needed. As Paedn gave me the blessing, a sudden peace feel over me. I honestly could feel it fill me up. I stopped crying and listened to his words. When he finished, he gave me the biggest hug and said, "Hilary, she is fine. I promise. She doesn't have a lot of room to move anymore." I finally found my comfort. As I started to fall asleep I felt her roll around. My eyes started to well up with tears and my heart was full of gratitude. Since then, Lorelei has been noticeably active. Not crazy, bouncing like mom is a trampoline active, but I feel her rolling around.      

MY BELLY:
My little "basketball", as my mother calls it, is starting to inflate! It is not necessarily gaining inches, but it is filling out so it does not look like a "torpedo" belly, as my sister called it. ("haha! I can always count on them!) I measured it again last night and it was still 39inches round. But, we think it is now a full 39inches. Even Paedn looked at me a few days ago and said, "Whoa! Your belly really popped right out there!" Also according to Paedn, I have a "mother waddle". I have no idea if this is accurate! I think I may just try and walk sassy when he is around. Apparently that's not going so well if he calls it a waddle!

APPETITE:
Yes, my love for food has finally returned! Once the "morning" sickness finally faded off into the distance and my discovery of the effects that diary has on me, my appetite has slowly made it's way back into my life! In my first trimester up until a few weeks ago, the only cravings I had were for sugar. When I mean sugar, I mean candy! Nerds, bottle caps, and of course my favorite, the Nerd's Rope! (I swear a pregnant lady created that!) Even though I still get those hacker-in's for sugar, they are no longer in the limelight. Three weeks ago, I was craving Mexican food, mostly salsa and bean burritos. Then last week I was craving hamburgers and french fries! Now this week, I have mostly been craving pancakes!! I have a feeling this craving will be sticking around for a while. For the first time in my life I have to start watching how much food I am eating. Usually, I would be watching how much food I was eating because I was too skinny and needed to try and gain weight. I do not want to see what happens if I let myself consume food to no end. This is a new challenge for me!

NEW DIFFICULTIES: 
1- Putting socks and shoes on. I have to sit on the floor and contort my legs weird to be able to put my shoes on painlessly.
2- Getting up off the floor.
3- Shaving...this is getting old fast!
4- Sleeping- and it's not because of the midnight bathroom breaks. It is because my darn hips hurt! I wake up probably every hour during the night just because I need to toss and turn to a different side because my hips feel bruised. This is terrible. It gets so bad that it hurts to walk the next day.
5- Sleeping on my side- I am having to train myself to sleep on my side. Usually, I was a tummy sleeper and sometimes on my back. Sometimes during the night I wake up in a panic because I am on my tummy or back and feel like I am hurting Lorelei.
6- Controlling my food intake

HOME UPDATES:
Our little house is transforming into a home! The painting is almost done and once that milestone is over it will feel like a lot less we have to do. I am very excited to start decorating and organizing the new home. That always tend to be both mine and Paedn's favorite part. The house we are living at now is mostly packed up. I officially have a "skinny clothes box". This kind of made me giggle..but mostly made me realize, "Whoa! I am definitely not the same size I was before pregnancy happened!" Which sometimes I like to think I am, luckily my belly is growing more noticeable to remind me otherwise! We have Lorelei's nursery theme all decided. It is going to be "Spring time at the Farm." Sadly, this theme is hard to shop for! There are no farm animal bed sets we can go buy at Target or something, they are all jungle themed. But, that is ok! We have ideas to help tie in the farm aspect of the nursery.



1 comment:

  1. Your little home is really cute and I can't wait to see your personality take shape as you move in! I love how you write about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete