Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let the countdown begin- Quick Update!

36 Weeks

I just had my first exam at the doctor's! I have been anxiously waiting for today. I didn't want to get my hopes up and hear that nothing is progressing, so I tried to talk it down. But, as I sat in the lobby waiting for them to call my name I couldn't help but smile to myself. When they called my name I nearly jumped out of my seat. The exam was a little... different than what I was expecting. But, all is well! The first thing the doctor said was, "Whoa! Baby's head is right there! Man, I bet you feel like you're sitting on a bowling ball." It still blows my mind that she actually felt Lorelei's head! There really is a baby in there. When the doctor first touched Lorelei's head Lorelei "jumped back" and she was kicking me in my high ribs. It was like she was saying, "what the heck was that?!" I was laughing so hard. (If you haven't noticed, there is a lot of laughter going on at my doctor's appointments.) The doctor proceeded with my exam and told me I am 70% effaced and am dilated to 1. I nearly started crying. I had the biggest smile on my face. I know this doesn't really mean anything, yet. I could be stuck at 1 cm  for any length of time. But, I am progressing!!! It is so neat!! Still aiming for April 24!! That is only two weeks away!! The doctor said everything looks perfect with Lorelei. She is measuring right on track and she is still active. We are so very excited to met her. Paedn asks almost every night if she can come now. I seriously am so lucky to have married someone who loves me and their baby so dearly.
Everything else is going well! I had my baby shower last Saturday. I really enjoyed sitting around talking to wonderful women while snacking on some yummy food. That is a great Saturday, I must say. Lorelei sure is loved by so many friends already. I cannot wait to show her off to everyone. 
Yesterday, I was completely exhausted for some reason but still had a little bit of a "nesting" fury happening. I would lay on the couch and just relax and then get really anxious and start organizing the nursery. Then, I would sit on the couch and not want to do anything and before you know it I was rearranging furniture in the nursery. This happened all day. I organized and sorted all of Lorelei's clothes- size 0 to 18 months, I put groups into their own bags and organized the closet, and then I rearranged furniture and organized where everything goes. Hopefully, we get the shelves up this week and then the nursery will be just about complete! Right now, I am still looking to buy a cradle swing for our home and then a pack n play to give to the Hancock's. I found a couple good prospects. I ordered Lorelei's stroller yesterday and it shipped out today!  We are going to install the car seat tomorrow. The only "big" thing we need to do, that has been kind of nagging in my brain, is to get a hospital bag ready.





24 DAYS UNTIL LORELEI'S DUE DATE!


 

2 comments:

  1. We can feel the excitement! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hospital bags are seriously not a huge deal...I am pretty sure that the only thing I even used out of my hospital bag the whole time I was in the hospital was my brush. :) Glad everything is going so well. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete