Monday, December 5, 2011

The Journey Takes a Turn

(the date of the post is wrong...I do not know how to fix that!)

Well, as you all know, I am pregnant! This wonderful blessing was totally unexpected. We were planning on having kids in maybe about two years from now. Obviously, the Lord had a different plan for us. I was nervous and scared but yet happy all at the same time! Luckily, Paedn was just beyond happy! As the time has progressed I have been less scared and more excited about having a baby. Still nervous, but that could only be expected from a first time mother-to-be! Looking back now, there were definite signs of the pregnancy that I was completely blind to at the time. For instance, when Paedn and I went car shopping I actually passed out in the parking lot. Granted, it was in August when we went, but being from Arizona you think I could handle it! So many other little things I thought that meant nothing at the time. If only I knew my body was trying to tell me something!

When we found out: September 01, 2011
During my lunch break at work, I went out to the store to buy a pregnancy test. Paedn had no idea I bought one or that the thought even crossed my mind that I might even be pregnant! I was going to take it right then but I remember being told it is better to take the test in the mornings. So, I waited...and waited. Finally, since I could not sleep, I got up at 2AM to take the test. I was taking the test almost to be my reassurance of NOT being pregnant. Well, then magically BOTH lines appeared on the test. WHAT?! Seriously?? I just sat down and laughed and cried...and then laughed some more. I kept looking at the test. This cannot be happening. I sat the mesmerized. Now, all I had to do was tell Paedn... I had no idea how he would react. When I woke him up he almost jumped out of bed because I was crying and standing by his side of the bed so he thought something was wrong. Once he calmed down I kept asking him if he was awake. Finally I just blurted out, "I'm pregnant." I started crying more and he grabbed me and just held me. He was crying. One of the first things he said was, "I am going to be a daddy!" He kept placing his hand on my tummy and just beaming. He kept saying how excited he was and once he said that a little of my uneasiness went away. Not soon after, he was fast asleep and I was laying in bed with my mind unable to shut off. I sent the picture of the test to my sister and not even ten minutes later she called me. We talked for almost two hours. I was still scared and just amazed that this is actually happening.

The Grandparents to be:
We were SO excited to tell our families. This is the Hancock's first grandbaby and the Toone's fifth. Luckily, the day before was Papa Hancock's birthday. So we brought over a "late" birthday card. When he opened it he started laughing and he said "Well mama, I think your son has something to tell you." At my parent's house we took a more subtle approach. I just wore a button on my shirt that said "Mom To Be". Let's just say it took a LOT of hinting for my parents to notice. My mother was so excited! All she could say was "What? Really?!" As for my father, let's just say he refused to believe me until I had my first ultrasound!

18 weeks:
Now, a few long months later, I am 18 weeks pregnant. Though, I do not look that far along. I look about 14 weeks on a good day. People at church still don't even know I am pregnant! Nonetheless, both mommy and baby are doing great! Last week we found out we are having a precious baby girl. I love watching her during the ultrasounds. Her little mouth was moving and she kept reaching for her legs and playing around. She sure is a stubborn little girl though! No matter how much I rolled from side to side she would not shift positions for us! Too funny.
Her profile is absolutely gorgeous.
I try to dream about her. Will she have curly hair like her parents? Will it be blonde or maybe even red?! What color will her eyes be? How will she react to us. Will she recognized our voices?
I have already felt her move. It is so funny when I feel those soft little movements. Every time it happens I tell Paedn. I am so excited for that day when he will be able to feel her kick! That will be one of the happiest moments in my life thus far. He is very excited as well. He talks to her every night and every night we read to her.

There are still several things to plan. One, the nursery. I decided not to do a gender neutral nursery. Planning for the gender is way too much fun to do that! I have several thoughts of what I would like. Some of them Paedn approves...some of them not so much. We already have her name picked out and have announced it to the families. Soon, we will be announcing it to everyone else. Hint: It starts with a L.


Thank you all for your love and support. I feel it every day. I am so grateful to know that my little family is so loved.

3 comments:

  1. Daddy never believed me when I was pregnant either! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely telling that you'll cherish for years to come! I can't imagine what it would be like to be pregnant unplanned but you helped me better understand it! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To change the post date, you click on 'Post Settings' on the right and then onto 'Published On' then you can change it there! Unless you're using the old Blogger editor then it is different!

    ReplyDelete