Monday, December 9, 2013

November

I have so many things to be grateful for. I have a beautiful family who I just adore. I fall in love with them more every day. My husband is so helpful, smart, and he shows his love for me every day. It is an amazing feeling knowing how much he loves me. He keeps me strong and keeps me going. My daughter, she is perfect. Lorelei is brilliant. She is loving and caring to everyone around her. She makes friends everywhere we go. I can't get enough of her either. She is always so happy. She is growing up so fast. Lorelei amazes me with all the new things she picks up every day.  

(sorry for the pictures in advance. I lost my camera charger and I have to use my phone. Hopefully I will get a new charger soon!!)


I am always trying to be a better mom than I was the day before. I never really do crafts or color with Lor because she is too active and I get frazzled. Well, a couple weeks before Thanksgiving I decided we needed to give it another try. We made a turkey with Lorelei's hand print. We giggled and talked the entire time. She loved playing with the feathers. Lorelei loves being tickled, especially under her chin, so she had to tickle herself with the feather. Silly girl! Her turkey is still hanging on our fridge. I love it! I need to start a file to save all her drawings in. I know there will be plenty more to come. I am able to be home a lot more so crafts are becoming a daily activity.



Thanksgiving morning we headed over to the Hancock's house. They prepared tons of biscuits and a giant pot of gravy. It was delicious! After stuffing our bellies, we headed outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We played corn hull while Papa took Lorelei for a stroll around the neighborhood. After we played and sat around the fire and just talked. It was so relaxing. Then, Papa pulled out the tractor and Lor took her first ride on tractor! It was so fun to watch her experience this. She wasn't too sure about the loud noise at first, but she continued to sit on Papa's lap and quickly relaxed. They drove around the pasture and Lorelei was just grinning ear to ear! Everyone had an opportunity to drive the tractor. I even learned how to drive the tractor! I can now add tractor to my driving repertoire. Hooray!
After Lorelei's nap, we headed over to my family's house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was such a blast to have all my siblings and their families there. I love my nieces and nephews. They are so much fun to play with. Paedn and I spent most of our time outside running around with all the kids. Lorelei loves them. She calls all of her cousins "Mylee", which is one of her cousin's name. When we all sat down to eat, our family took up so much room we had three tables to fit everyone. It was delicious food. I am craving that gravy my mom made. YUM! On Friday we did our annual Toone Rocket Launch. Lorelei loved helping countdown and push the button to send the rocket flying up to the sky. It was getting close to nap time though and you could tell. She would scare easily and start crying when the rockets launched. Running around and playing with her cousins helped though. She loved spending so much time with them. 











I think Papa likes having a granddaughter..don't you think?






Here are some of the Hancock family photos!!











No comments:

Post a Comment